Friday 6 June 2014

Evaluation

I am disappointed with my final project. I didn't manage my time properly not allowing me to spend time getting the footage i wanted. This made me rush things. It didn't help that all of my actors have days off of work/college when i have college, it made it very hard to find the time to film. Even when he booked the day off of work there was a film in our locations we wanted. The stormy weather was spread across my local town not allowing me to film anywhere else causing a massive problem. I considered changing my actor to someone else but my storyline was to do with a skateboard meaning he'd have to ride it. I tried contacting other people i know that can skateboard but we was in the same situations as before, they wasn't available. We finally found time to film but that was only 2 hours before he headed to work early in the morning. 

   As you can tell, i didn't stick to my schedule plan with my filming. I did my pre-production on time but i had to change it to fit my film. I had a script which i didn't use because i didn't film all i wanted. Once editing the clips i had, i realised i had no dialogue, i didn't have time to film anything else because i was low on time and my actor wasn't available. This made me have to record a voiceover to fit my edited clips. I re-edited my footage to fit my voiceover making a running of 1:50. 

I am extremely disappointed with this project and i will learn from this and its made me think about my planning and sticking to that plan. Although i messed things up pretty badly, i still managed to change my film and hand something in. At some points i didn't think i would even have edited because i was running out of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment